If you’re anything like me, it will take you around four minutes to choose a filter for your Instagram photo and around four hours to decide on a caption.
Worst of all, after a lot of creative effort and advice from friends, I’m usually barely able to write a headline that says, “Had a fun day with friends!” Go out.
And I’m a writer – make a figure.
The next time you’re thinking about a fun line of text for your Instagram photo, check out our full list of captions to fit any mood or occasion you want to share with the world. You can also Customize these labels to make them perfect for your feed.
Do you want more inspiration? Check out ours Instagram page to see how we incorporate fun, humorous and engaging subtitles into our social media content.
You can incorporate many of these subtitles into an Instagram business strategy (just make sure your audience finds your subtitles funny, clever, or sassy in the right amount).
Click one of the following links to jump to a section:
Funny Instagram captions
- [Employee]The favorite exercise is a cross between a lunge and a crunch … He calls it lunch.
- I need a six month vacation twice a year.
- We tried to be normal once. The worst two minutes of our lives!
- There are 16 year olds attending the Olympics and some of us are still pushing “train” doors.
- That awkward moment when you’re wearing Nike and you can’t.
- I’m just a girl who stands in front of a salad and asks for it to be a cupcake.
- What if we told you … you can eat without posting it on Instagram?
- We know the voices in our heads aren’t real, but sometimes their ideas are just too good to ignore.
- We don’t know what is tighter: our jeans or our corporate culture.
- Friday … Our second most popular F-word.
- We don’t care what people think of us. Unless they are our customers. It is definitely important to us what customers think of us.
- All you need is love … and investors. All you need is love and investors.
- Hello we are [company name]. We build great apps and eat great apps.
- They say, “Do what you love and money will come to you.” Let’s see what happens, I just ordered tamales.
Clever Instagram captions
- Patience – what you have when there are too many witnesses.
- Maybe she was born with it, maybe it’s the Clarendon filter.
- “Life is short.” Wrong – it’s the longest you’ve been doing.
- Have a beautiful Sunday! There may be no excuse for being lazy, however [I’m/we’re] still searching.
- Rejection is just redirection.
- Better an “oops” than a “what if”.
- You stole a pizza from our hearts.
- The world is changed by your example, not your opinion.
- Seven billion smiles and these are our favorites.
- Stop working hard and start working smart.
- If life gives you lemons, make lemonade. When [company name] give them [type of product]You make money.
- The scam complex is just a by-product of its success.
- Life is easy. It’s just not easy.
- The best times start at the end of your comfort zone.
- If nothing goes right, go left.
- “Success means those who believed in you look brilliant.” – Dharmesh Shah
- “If you can’t convince them, confuse them.” – Harry Truman
- The world changes because of your example, not your opinion.
- It’s always a good idea to be on the right side of the story.
- When you learn, you teach. When you get, give up.
- Don’t give up on your daydream.
- Legend has it that the weekend is just around the corner if you look carefully!
Cheeky Instagram captions
- What’s a queen without her king? Historically more powerful.
- Be a little more you and a little less her.
- We are an acquired taste. If you don’t like us, get some flavor.
- Well behaved people don’t make it into history books.
- Be sunshine mixed with a little hurricane.
- We have 99 problems, but a great marketing team isn’t one.
- Sometimes all you have to do is do what is called “what you want”.
- You can’t do epic things with lame people. And we have the best in the business.
- It doesn’t mean to be bossy, it means to have leadership skills.
- You didn’t wake up today to be mediocre.
- Bad attitude is like a flat tire. There is nowhere to go until you change it.
- We are entrepreneurs. They call us dreamers, but we are the ones who never sleep.
Lyrics for Instagram subtitles
- “I’ll live like tomorrow doesn’t exist.” – Sia, “chandelier”
- “I live for the nights I can’t remember, with the people I won’t forget.” – Drake, “Show me a good time”
- “I hope you never lose your sense of wonder.” – Lee Ann Womack, “I hope you dance”
- “You can say I am a dreamer, but I am not the only one.” – John Lennon, “Introduce Yourself”
- “When you give, you begin to live.” -Dave Matthews Band, “You Might Die Trying”
- “Outline my findings and use life as a template.” – Kero One, “In All Wrong Places”
- “I feel good when I live better.” – Drake, “Over my dead body”
- “Say oh, I have a feeling you can’t fight like this city is on fire tonight.” – OneRepublic, “Good Life”
- “Time makes you braver.” – Fleetwood Mac, “landslide”
- “If I fail, if I succeed, at least I’ll live as I believe.” – Whitney Houston, “The Greatest Love Of All”
- “The rest of the world was in black and white, but we were in screaming color.” – Taylor Swift, “Out of the Woods”
- “Every time it moves, lightning strikes.” – Calvin Harris, “This is what you came for”
- “We never get older.” – chain smoker, “closer”
- “Sing with me, sing for years, sing for laughter, sing for tears.” – Aerosmith, “Dream On”
- “Life is good.” – Future & Drake, “Life is Good”
- “Life without dreaming is life without meaning.” – Whales, “Aston Martin Music”
- “But like the sun, do you know that I’ll find my way back?” – J. Cole, “Crooked Smile”
- “I will overcome any hurdle or obstacle that stands in my way.” – OutKast, “Knowledge”
Business Instagram Subtitle
- Good evening, [city]! We’re in town for [event] at the booth [#]. Stop by and say hello!
- “If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat you have. Just get on.” -Sheryl Sandberg, COO of Facebook
- Our [#]-Person group completed the [road race name]! And we did everything for the post-run sneaker selfie. 👟
- We have a product in the pipeline … please check back for an exciting announcement 2021-05-11T11:00:00Z!
- Diversity isn’t a recruiting metric – it’s an ingredient in success. At the [company]We live from the unique backgrounds, experiences and perspectives of our employees.
- Find the CEO. 😉
- At the [company name]Our employees are our best asset.
- We had a great time with our clients [meeting/event]! @[client/partner]You rock.
- I’m glad to have [customer] in our office today! Come back anytime. 😊
- [Company name] is off for [holiday]! We hope you all have a safe long weekend.
- Big things have small beginnings. [Company]The headquarters started right here.
- “It is better to fail because of originality than to succeed because of imitation.” -Herman Melville
- How many [company name] Does it take employees to spell “TEAM”?
- Would you like to collaborate with these great people and work on a lot of great things? We are hiring! Click on the link in our bio to view our current vacancies.
- Check, check, one, two … is that thing on? [Company name] is now on Instagram! Follow us to learn more about our culture, our product and our (great) people.
Holiday Instagram Captions
- “Always remember that your own determination to succeed is more important than any other.” – Abraham Lincoln
- Didn’t make it until midnight.
- Resolutions are made to be broken.
- Ring the new year – like a bell.
- “Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” – Brad Paisley
- New year just like me.
- Time to show my bubbly personality.
- Any excuse to wear glitter.
- Start the year on your right foot.
- We still have 12 months to make a difference.
- Day 1 of 365
- Gulp, gulp, hurray!
- Roses are red. Violets are blue. Consider this post my Valentine’s Day for you.
- Don’t tell me you love me Tell me you’re out with pizza
- All I need is you. (And maybe wine + chocolate too.)
- “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” – Albert Einstein
- 99% of my socks are single and you don’t see them cry over them.
- I’ll do anything for love Except that. And that. Or that. Or …
- Sorry I’m in a relationship with tacos.
- “All Single Ladies …” – Beyonce, “Single Ladies”
- In love with my best friend.
- I’m better when i’m with you
- Creepin ’it real.
- I brake for Reese’s peanut butter cups.
- “When the ghosts have a midnight jamboree, they break it open with devilish joy …” – The Legend of Sleepy Hollow (1949)
- You are just my (blood) group.
- How to eat sweet corn: not.
- Double, double effort and anger; Burning fire and kettle bubble.
- Drive me crazy
- “Scary Hours” – Drake
- I am wearing my elastic pants.
- “For those of you who can’t be with family this Thanksgiving Day, please resist the urge to brag.” – Andy Borowitz
- On a vegetarian diet this Thanksgiving Day: carrot cake and pumpkin pie.
- “Be grateful for what you have; you will have more in the end. If you focus on what you don’t have, you will never have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- I think that’s why I’m sick.
- Bad day to be a turkey.
- Do you need fuel for Black Friday.
- “Okay guys. I have exactly 28 minutes before I have to staple again.” – Monica
- Grateful. Grateful. Blessed.
- Who made the potato salad?
- There is always something to be thankful for.
Christmas & Hannukah
- You beat me.
- Fa la la la Lama.
- “O Christmas tree, O Christmas tree, your ornaments are history.” – The cat
- “It doesn’t matter what is under the Christmas tree. It is who is around it.” – Charles M. Schulz
- Dear Santa, let’s not talk about it.
- Rebel without Claus
- Does Santa Claus have nothing better to do than watch us as we sleep?
- All I want for Christmas is you (and wine would be nice).
- To everyone who has cotton-headed ninny mugginses out there.
- Drop it like a top.
- I wish you a latke who loves this Hanukkah.
- I want to eat 8 latkes for the calories of one.
- A small candle can illuminate an entire room.
- Keep calm and turn the dreidel.
- Deck the halls with matzo balls!
- It’s Christmas time and I am the gift.
- The best gift is being with those you love.
Seasonal Instagram captions
- Hello Spring!
- “And I think what a wonderful world.” – Louis Armstrong
- April rain brings Mayflower blessings.
- I think I just experienced all the seasons in a single day.
- I love allergy season, nobody ever said.
- Soak up the sun right now and smell the roses. Please leave a message after the beep.
- I owe a lot to the inventor of the flip-flops.
- “Here comes the sun and I say … everything is fine.” – The Beatles
- “Warm winds in spring” – SZA, “Warm winds”
- Spring into the new season.
- “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Life is a beach.
- School is out, the sun is out, the guns are out.
- “A little bit of summer is what the whole year is about.” – John Mayer
- 90% happy, 10% burned.
- Girls just want sun.
- “The summer love was a lot of fun, the summer love went so quickly.” – Fat
- Happiness is a cold popsicle.
- Life by the pool is better.
- “Summertime … and livin ‘is easy.” – Ella Fitzgerald, “Summertime”
- “Here comes the sun and I say … everything is fine.” – The Beatles, “Here Comes the Sun”
- My favorite color is October.
- “The music of autumn winds between the faded woods is wild.” – William Wordsworth
- Sweater weather.
- It’s never too early for pumpkin spices.
- Meet me in the corn maze.
- Crisp air. Cider. Flaming leaves.
- Pumpkin spice and everything nice.
- “Anyone who thinks that fallen leaves are dead has never seen them dance on a windy day.” – Shira Tamir
- The leaves are falling and autumn is calling.
- “Days in the sun and nights in the rain. Summer is over, simple and plain. – Drake & Majid Jordan, “Summer’s Over”
- Falling has never felt so good.
- “In the depths of winter I finally learned that there is an invincible summer within me.” – Albert Camus
- If it snows, I won’t go.
- Cozy nights. Good books. Hot chocolate.
- Do you want to build a snowman?
- Running on caffeine and the joy of vacation.
- “Winter is not a season, it is a festival.” – Anamika Mishra
- Happy and brrrrrrright.
- Have fun in the snow.
- “It’s the season to freeze”.
- “Timb’s laces tighten and parka hoods pop up.” – Drake, “Come Winter”
Selfie Instagram Captions
- Me me and me
- Be yourself, there is no one better.
- It’s lucky for me.
- Smile! Happiness is right under your nose.
- My favorite filter is reality.
- Self-care selfie!
Conquer the world with one smile at a time.
- It’s a great day to have a great day.
- The greatest gift you can give someone is a smile.
- Self love is the best love.
Holiday Instagram Captions
- A chance to escape everyday life.
- Job. To save. Travel. To repeat.
- Load Staycation …
- Collect the moments, not the materials.
- Another destination from the bucket list.
- An adventure to fill the soul.
- The scenic route is always better.
- I need a six month vacation twice a year.
- Never be back
- Catch flights, not feelings.
Capture the feeling with an Instagram caption
Even though there are more than 1,000 words in a picture, well-written caption doesn’t hurt. These days, the caption can be just as meaningful as the picture! For any occasion that deserves a post on your feed, use any of the quotes from this list and customize it to make it your own.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2020 and has been updated for completeness.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in June 2019 and has been updated for completeness.